Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hot Fun in the Summertime


Well summer 2011 is in full swing. The kids are out of school and scattered about with various activities, classes, camps and of course parties. The weather, well I live in Michigan. The saying is, "if you don't like the weather give it 20 mins. it will change".

So far we have had wonderful outings with the tribe, and my guy. We have been all over the place, parks, malls and just enjoying time together. If we aren't out and about then we are at a friends house who has a pool and she has given me keys and carte blanche to use the pool whenever, now that's how I roll LOL.

My gothchild is now 16 and in full swing of being a teenager. Suddenly, she is going to parties and (shudder) dating. My bohochild is now 13 and she is still finding her path. But both girls are happy and thriving. As a parent that's all you can ask. The girls are enrolled in art classes, drama camp and making their pligrimage to Colorado later this summer.

As for moi, I am ok. Other than the usual pain, I am mostly good. I am working on various activities and events surrounding gothchilds school. But I also have avoided back to back meetings and scheduling events that I know I don't want to do. For once my summer is going by quietly for the most part and I LOVE THAT!

So yes, we are having "hot fun in the summertime"

No comments: